The Stoewer car company was located in Stettin, Germany. The city was renamed Szczesin and is now part of Poland.
During the 1930s, Stoewer was one of four German automobile companies involved in the development of front wheel drive cars.
The 1934 Stoewer Greif (which translates to “Griffon”) features an aluminum V8 engine block. Only four Greifs survived and this is the only one with the aluminum engine. This automobile was restored in Germany.