This car is a prototype designed by Emile Claveau and presented at the Paris auto show in 1956.
The engine is a two stroke 3 cylinder from DKW, coupled with a four-speed gearbox. It is a unibody with four independent wheels. Rubber rings nested in each other provide the suspension; they were called "anneaux Neiman" and were installed with success on bikes and scooters.
The car was exhibited, but never tested. In fact, the gas tank was never even installed. A French Collector, Doctor Jeanson, rescued the Claveau from a salvage yard and it was later purchased by our museum. After restoration and the addition of a gas tank, the Claveau was finally driven, 50 years after being introduced at the Paris auto show.